Hawaii Fashion Month is a community-driven initiative of the Hawai‘i Fashion Incubator (Hifi) and the Hawai‘i state Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT). It is an opportunity to raise the profile of Hawai‘i as a unique, creative and progressive fashion destination while bringing sustainable growth to the local industry, which comprises design, manufacturing, retail, art, education and more.
- There are close to 50 events happening throughout the month.
The month is kicking off with four signature events:
- HFM Official Kick-Off Party, Tuesday, October 1.
- OUTFIT – Hawaii Fashion Designers Market, October 2 & 3
- HiSAM Bridal & Formalwear Fashion Show & The Way We Wear Exhibition, Friday, October 4
- The Fall Fashion Event at Ala Moana Center, Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6
OUTFIT – Hawaii Fashion Designers Market, is a unique two-day local fashion marketplace that will bring independent Hawaii fashion designers from across the state together under one roof. It is targeted at trade, to put Hawaii designers in front of buyers and industry influencers, and then opens up to the public for them to shop. It's a rare opportunity to have designers from across the state come together under the one roof, combined with a lively speakers program, workshops and art installations.
Hawaii Fashion Month will also see the return of the Governor's Fashion Awards. This will be an occasion to celebrate Hawaii fashion’s past, present and future, and recognize professionals in more than a dozen categories. An announcement will be made in the coming days on award finalists.
Copyright ©2013 Hawaii WebTV